Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day 13 Update

Well we thought Friday night was bad, it seemed great compared to Saturday night. Not only was Nathan up often, both hungry and bathroom breaks but his little brother Justin decided to get in on the act! I made the unfortunate decision to work on a few computer things and didn't go to bed til midnight. I realized the folly of my decision when the first wakening was at 12:40. Yeesh! Made for a short night when Nathan and I were awake shortly after 5am. Tonight the boys are going to bed at 8:15 and Shelley and I at 8:30 - hope that works.

I wonder if we can get a short order cook to come in? Nathan is hungry every 10 minutes or so and knows what he wants next. It's kind of nice to know that after he's done his Eggo that he will be ready for hash browns and after that we'll have a yogurt and some fruit and after that some pasta. Then a couple of snacks like rice crisps and rice krispie squares and it is soon 11am! Now what to have for lunch....
and so it was our whole day.

At least Nathan is getting a little better with medicine - we are only having 5 minute discussions before we take it. He was a little more mobile today, crawled around and pulled himself up onto chairs and stools but still no solo walking. He was very drained after supper but we did avoid a nap so that he will go to bed earlier.

Tomorrow will be another day of trying to figure it all out. We are off to the Cancer Center after dinner to get Nathan's blood checked. That is to eliminate the waiting for results on Tuesday when Nathan has to fast before his biopsy - cuz that is a grumpy boy when he doesn't it. After the blood work then we are to meet with Dr Dusz to discuss the pain in Nathan's legs and feet. I sure hope this is something simple.

Time to get everyone ready for bed.
-Arron

No comments: