The last week has been a blur. It was extremely nice not having to be at the clinic, both for Nathan and us. So we spent it getting ready for a garage sale. In our other house, we didn't have a garage and certainly didn't have the space to get organized. We were able to get rid of a fair bit and should be able to park 2 vehicles in the garage. Purging is a great feeling.
Nathan and I were at the clinic this morning for vincristine and methotrexate. Nathan's WBC was 2.41 with neutrophils ar 1.32 so he received another accelerated dosage. Dr Mopofu was the doctor in the clinic today and was a refreshing change. It took the morning to get everything done but Nathan now has 13 days till the next clinic visit and the start date of the next phase. The break couldn't have come at a better time as school starts tomorrow. Nathan will be able to join Carter on the first day back to school and is excited. It will be nice to get some routine back in our lives. Once Sept 14 arrives Nathan won't be able to attend and if he can it will be a day here or there as his clinic visits will be 3 times a week or neutrophils too low to attend.
I am looking forward to having some one on one time with Justin. Speaking of Justin I have a cute story to share. He was helping me plant a few shrubs in our front flower bed the other night when a little girl he likes to play with came over from down the street. She is almost 5 but the 2 get a long great. They went off to play and a short time later I went to see what they were up too. When Justin saw me he decided he was done playing and told her he was going to go back to work with his mom. She asked if she could work too. Justin told her that she couldn't because she didn't have any work gloves like him. She hesitated a moment and then said,"That's okay, I can come and watch you work and tell you what you are doing wrong!" Man did I laugh! Justin just looked confused. Kids say the funniest things!
Carter has been playing 3 on 3 hockey and really enjoying it. He had a game last night and it was a very close game. They would lead or the other team would tie it up and then lead. Carter's team was down by 1 and with 6 seconds left in the game Carter got the tieing goal - his first of the evening but a very memorable one. He was thrilled. We have Carter registered for regular hockey and Nathan has requested that he get to play real hockey this year. Arron and I will register him but will play it by ear as to whether he will be able to attend. At least he won't miss too much as it shouldn't start till October.
Anyway I will end this post as the kids are actually in bed and asleep at a decent time. All were excited for tomorrow so I should follow suit. Thank you for the continued prayers. We see a faint light in the distance. We pray Nathan continues to respond as well as he has.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment