Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ADI II Day 45

Another 24 hours without a fever! Woohoo! Nathan reached the 48 hour fever free mark last night. Now he needs to get up to the .50 mark for his Neutrophils and yesterday morning he had progressed from .16 to .22 so he is going in the right direction though we aren't quite half way there yet as he started at .03. Nathan had a pretty good day yesterday and he was in reasonable spirits for his 5th full day in the hospital. His Grandma Elsie stayed with him for the afternoon to give Shelley a break and he even had her playing the Wii with him. Shelley went back to take him supper and I followed about 7pm. Then Auntie Lorrie brough Nathan ice cream and that went over very well. Though Nathan has a new question of EVERYONE who walks through the door - "Why are you here?" I think he likes hearing that people are coming to see him.

They will have done blood work already this morning but I have not talked to Shelley yet. Nathan's platelets were really low yesterday so depending on what his blood work shows this morning he may need to get platelets transfused. Nathan also has the leg needles scheduled for 10 am for which I will go to the hospital. Nathan is getting closer to being out of the hospital. I'm not sure if they will make him wait until he gets to .5 or if we are trending the right way they will release him. He has had blood counts that low at home before. We are not pushing to go home however as we remember last time when we were released from the hospital at 2pm and we were back in by 7pm that same day for another weeklong stay.

We thank everyone who has been praying for Nathan and his family, we sincerely appreciate it.

No comments: