Monday, July 12, 2010

Induction Day 15

Its been a long day so am going to do it by the numbers of our day:

5:10 am - the time Nathan wanted to get up for the day (steroids causes sleeplessness)

6:30 am - the time my alarm went off and Nathan came into our bedroom, dressed for the day, with emla cream in hand asking "is this the right one"

8:15 am - 7 - the number of dishes I packed for Nathan's "breakfast, snack and lunch" to be had at the clinic - (1) cereal and milk in a thermos, (2) chicken noodle soup (3) pizza (4) cheese noodles with steak (5) pear (6) carrots and brocoli with ranch dip (7) cookies (and yes, he ate it all!)

10:30 am - the time the platelet transfusion started

10:45 am - anistheisiologist was 45 mins late for Nathan's spinal treatment - torture for a child on steroids who can't eat until after his "sleep". By this time Nathan has asked at least 50 times if he could eat yet and when told no, 50 responses of "you are so mean!" Yes I am because I love him.

11:15 am - the time Nathan was able to eat by

12:45 pm - the time the red blood cell transfusion started (To everyone who donates blood on a regular basis, thank you - you saved our son again.)



1:30 pm - the time Nathan decided he needed a nap so had one

4:23 pm - the time Nathan's day ended at the clinic (8 hours later)

4:52 pm - the time we stopped for Blizzards as Nathan just had to have one (he ate his before supper, we saved ours for after supper - needless to say I didn't get to eat mine - Nathan had it)

0.01 - the number of neutrophils (infection fighting cells) in Nathan's body which means chemo is working in wiping out the White Blood Cells but risk of fever and infection

3 - was the number of times we took his temperature today

25 or so - the number of times Nathan said "Mom - I need you!"
25 or so - the number of times he said he loved me.
15 or so - the number of times I cried today.
100 or so - the number of times I prayed today.

No comments: