Tuesday and Wednesday - 2 more days that have flown by.
Carter has come down with a cold and wasn't feeling well so stayed home yesterday and today. He seemed to feel better tonight so hopefully tomorrow will feel even better. No one else in the house has caught it.
Nathan had the Erwina L-Asparaginase via leg needles again today and he is finding it harder having them done. He really missed Dad this morning at the clinic, so we phoned him while Nathan and I were discussing proceeding with the treatment. Nathan was determined not to get these needles this morning. My cell phone cut out which resulted in Nathan going to sit against the wall, behind the bed where it seemed to be "safe" for him. The options presented to him was either he could cooperate and be able to tell the nurses when he was ready for the needles or the nurses would just do it and it wouldn't be much fun. I added that the sooner we could get these done we could pick up Dad for lunch and that sold him.
I managed to get the tape off and a Resident Doctor distracted him by conversing with him before the nurses came in. But the tears began to fall when the nurses came to clean the area where the needle was to be administered. He calmed down, counted and received the first needle. The second needle he was sooo calm and in control. Then he laughed and when I asked what was so funny he says "That didn't even hurt. I was just tricking you Mom." Aghhhhhh was what I wanted to say but I found it rather funny so laughed instead. To be 5. If he only new that it hurts us just as much to see him have that darn needle as it does for him to receive it. But that is the joy of being a child and one day when he is old and wise he will know.
Nathan also received Plasma today. The mornings seem to be taking longer rather than be quicker so made for a late lunch. Nathan was very excited to pick Arron up from work and wanted to wear his mask in to get him. So that we did.
The remaining afternoon was spent getting a little exercise - on the Wii that is. My arm is still sore as Nathan had me boxing, playing tennis, golfing and baseball. I definitely need to exercise more.
The evening started off good with the boys making a fort in their bedroom. But this was hampered by Nathan's quick dash to the bathroom as he got sick. We are not thinking it is related to treatment but you never know. It went away as quick as it came so hopefully no one else will get sick. Justin had to get in on the action as before bed he looked at me and said "Me sick too". When I asked what hurt he replied "the apples hurt". An apple was what he had for a snack so I really hope he wasn't trying to say his stomach hurt. We hope all get rest tonight and are able to rid the viruses that our family has seem to finally caught.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment