It was a little more difficult getting the kids ready and out the door this morning without Arron`s help, but we managed to get Carter to school and Nathan to his appointment on time. However, it seems the clinic is busier and busier and we had to wait an hour before heading in for the needles. Nathan didn`t want to get the Emla cream on this morning and he didn`t want to go in to get the needles. But, reluctantly, he walked to the nurses room saying that it was much harder getting the needles without having Dad there as well.
Once in the room he decided he wasn`t quite ready so the nurses left us to sort things out. Again, reluctantly, he hopped on the table as he watched Rollie Pollie Ollie. It is much easier taking the tape off with the lotion on the legs so I did that relatively easily and made sure Nathan was ready before calling the nurses in. Nurse Jan was back from holidays and just wanted to get things done, so rushed with the first needle. Needless to say there was lots of crying this time and we were all being called `dumb`. (I didn`t want Nathan to cry alone so I cried with him to make him feel better.) Again Nathan didn`t want the needles at the same time so we waited for the next one. The second needle went much better as he remembered to breathe and focus. We waited the hour with Nathan visiting with his friend Michael and then we headed home.
He was feeling up for Kindergarten this afternoon. A grade 8 boy asked Nathan if he got a new hairdo when we first came into the school, and then added that it looked really cool. That made Nathan`s day. Next thing I heard was Nathan saying to his friends, I have a new hairdo, and his friends were saying it looked great. His hair has only looked like this since January so I found it quite funny.
Nathan was tired today after class, and fell asleep 2 mins into the van ride home. Rather than disturbing him, I drove to Tim`s for a coffee, got gas and a car wash, and ran an errand. He napped for a little over an hour and still went to bed well tonight. He was also in a great mood tonight too.
Seeing the clinic so busy with children is hard to digest. It`s hard to watch families discover their child has relapsed. But it is also a reminder that Nathan is unique and he isn`t them. He is a strong little boy. Things may be difficult but they could be a lot worse and I am grateful that they aren`t.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment