Shelley and Nathan certainly had an interesting night. Nathan had a late nap, about 6pm, and so did not go to bed until almost 11:30pm. He woke up fairly early crying about pain in his legs, specifically his right leg. This went on long enough that it made Shelley nervous enough to call me back to the hospital even though it was going to be a day to stay at home with Justin. Before I got back to the hospital Nathan had fallen back to sleep and slept until just after noon. He woke up and had dinner and we played for a bit before Shelley left for a break to go pick up Carter and Justin. Nathan decided to have another nap and slept for another two hours this afternoon. He finally woke up when his teacher, Mrs Turner, was there and he woke up with great big smiles for her. They built a snowman craft out of big marshmallows that was edible and they had a great time doing it. While they were building snowmen, Shelley came back with the other boys so they got to join in on the snowman building as well. Though I think they may have been more interested in eating the marshmallows and chocolate chips!
While Nathan was sleeping this afternoon various people kept coming in - it was really strange. One of the ladies who came, Crystal, was from home care and she wanted my permission to give our case information to home care so that we could take Nathan home tomorrow. I was a little surprised and taken aback as our doctor never told us that we would be leaving tomorrow. I mentioned that to her and she said the doctor will talk to us tomorrow morning... shouldn't he have talked to us before them? I guess he has been mentioning it for a week but it was always "I'll see IF I can arrange it"... I guess he is trying to arrange it. Shelley and I have to both be at the hospital at 11am tomorrow to get trained on Nathan's IV machine and learn how to properly attach his Vancomycin to the pump and then how to flush Nathan's lines. Home Care asked me a bunch of questions today and some were a little odd, like: you have a working fridge? someone will always be by the phone? One they didn't ask is "do you have running water?" and I would have had to answer no to that. Just to add to our list of challenges when I got home tonight water was bubbling up in front of our house on Royal Ave - we have a water main break! Carter thought it was awesome as it means no bath for him tonight but we'll see how we deal with it tomorrow. Since we weren't home today we were unable to fill up the tubs and sinks with water before they shut off the water. Just something else to add to our fun!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment